søndag den 9. april 2017

My dream trip!

Have you ever had someone ask you: 

Where you would go, if money was not a problem?

Well, www.heartfeltcreations.us asked that question on Facebook! Without hesitation, I wrote in the comments section: "Canada, BC. I have a cousin there, who I have never seen. It will be my dream trip".

Now, Why would I want to meet her and her family? Oh, it's a long story ....

As a little girl I saw 2 photos, one of my cousin Karen and one of my cousin Henry. Their father was my mother's brother, Niels.


Niels left home at an early age. He traveled many places, among others was a trip to Norway, where he stayed for a while.
I have an old yellowed newspaper clippings which tells how he shot a very big moose.




Niels came back from Norway, but soon he was traveling again - never to return to his native country, Denmark. He eventually settled in Canada, BC where he married Estella. Together they had Karen and Henry.

Every year my uncle Niels, would send a package home with treats to his parents. Treats from the big world - or so it seemed to us. We were very poor, and treats were heaven. We tasted things we had never tasted before, including apricots (can you believe that?). Another treat was Cocoa. I loved when gransmother took the powder out from the kitchen cabinet. She would boild some milch and put sucker and the presious cocoa-powder into the hot milch.

Well, time went by, and when my oncle died, Karen and I lost contact for many many years.

Oh blessed the day Karen and I found each other again. It is strange whi you can miss someone you have never meet, or even talk with.
When we reconneced, I saw a recent photo of Karen. My jaw dropped: it was like looking into the eyes and face of my beloved grandmother, Kamilla. Karen also looked very much like my mothers sister Edith.

The Rytter-family has always been known for particularly two things: Music and defending the weakest amongt us (fighting against injustice, specially toward children and the elderly, who often can't defend themself). Grandmother Kamilla always said, you may not be able to chance the world, but you can begin where you are - by the way you talk, act and respect others. If you don't speak out againt injustice - then you approve it!!!

Now, why do I tell you this about the Rytter family?Well, I'm proud to say, that my cousin, that I've never meet, and who have never meet our grandmother, are also a fighter. She and her husbond are fighting to preserve and educate others about the nature they live in - a nature we're all part of. Karen and her husbond Steve are also part of the Hesquiaht First Nation. So, isn't it obvious why I want to visit my cousin and her family?

If you have time, take a look at Karen and Steves website: http://www.hooksumschool.com/staff.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few cards I've made since the last update!

 


A new fun way to fold a card! The flowers fra from Stampin' Up! 



     

Nativity set, a digi stamp from Beccys place. I love the softness in the lines. Thank you Beccy for making such a great stamp. The greeting inside the card is from Stampin' Up!.


Embossing folder fra Tim Holtz and an embossed black butterfly.







Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar