lørdag den 28. maj 2022

How much is a bucket of weeds worth?

 Let me tell you something "funny".

The other morning at 5:20 I was up, and out in the garden. It was very dry, so I spent the next 50 min, watering the garden. When I was done, I said to Lars: How "fun" would it be, if the rain would be poring down later to day!!! Then we could have saved a lot of money.
Five hours later - the rain was poring down!!!

But I enjoy the rain poring down. This means free water for the garden plants and crops.

How much is a bucket of weeds worth?



A few days ago, I would have said: nothing! That is, unless I have to pay someone to come and remove the weeds that appear all the time.

Late last night, when the rain took a break - I asked Lars if he wanted to, and not least had the energy, to go out with me, in front of our house? I was going to remove the weeds that had come by the hedge! 

We have approx. 2*30 mtr. hedge! (ca. 2*95 ft).

Today, my bucket of weeds suddenly became very valuable - priceless.

Lars went out with me. He was sitting on his walker while I picked up weeds. We talked - we had a nice time together. These are memories worth collecting!

Later in the evening our youngest daughter, Grethe, came by with a surprise.
She told me to close me eyes. Then she told me, to smell some thing she had in a bag. Oh my, I knew right a way what is was: Allium ursinum (wild garlic)



For a long time I have wanted to cook something with that. But it is hard to find.
Grethe, Mads (our grandson) and I was even on a trip to a forrest, Fussingø, where I knew that mange years ago there were a lot of Allium ursinum. 


This time, there were none. So, it was a big surprise, when she came with a whole bag full of these beautiful flowers/herbs. 

Thank you so so much Grethe!

Just a side note:
When we moved into our house 2 years ago, there was not much in our large garden. To day, this is what it looks like!




Plumb tree with forrest berrys under it 

Tomato's

rhubarb & raspberries, 

blackcurrants,

currants,

 gooseberries, and in the back there's potatoes and sweet peas

Cucurbita pepo


Chervil

blackberry

chives, radishes, carrots, garlic

A lilac bush (Syringa vulgaris) to the left - there's not many flowers left. I picked them. I'm going to make juice of them.

I forgot to take pictures of the 2 apple trees, sorry

I love rain - Rain is heaven's blessings on our garden.


1 kommentar:

  1. Your garden is lovely Conny, you definitely have a green thumb! I loved the story about the bucket of weeds... how right you are. I'm glad Lars was able to join you in the garden for a little while.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    SvarSlet