torsdag den 26. maj 2022

Secrets exposed!

 



I feel really bad about lies! I hate it.
I feel blessed, that I have always had a bad memory, that way, I'd have to stick to the truth, because sooner or later I will tell the truth, by accident. Here is a good example:

When I was young, I lived in Sorø. I had an appointment in Slagelse, and I really just didn't want to go. I therefore choose to call and say I had become ill. Later in the same conversation, I said I was going on a bike ride! I forgot that I'd lied!!!
So, say the truth - it's just the easiest.

But I have a hard time with those who lie to me. I get so sad when I find out. 

My father was a notorious liar. 
However, the truth always came as small drops of water ... my father died 12 years ago. Yesterday I found another drop of water  - not a lie, but something he'd just not told us.
Shortly before he died, I found out he had been to a boys' home/reform school.
He did not say it was such a place, just the name of the place.
Knowing the name, I could find out more about it.
A few days ago, I Googled the name - just for fun. I got a hit!
After a bit of searching/reading, I also found a picture of some boy scouts - and my dad, was in that picture.


Another drop of water - a piece of his life! 
I always wanted to be a girls scout - but dad would not hear of it. Maybe it brought back bad memories for him? Who knows - I wish I could ask him. 

Now, on to some fun things, to end this blog on a good note - Lars is doing better. 
He's not sleeping as much as he did just last week, so I think, hope and pray that he's in a good period.

The first rhubarbs from the garden - oh, I love our garden!

When our grandson visits us - he almost always wants to go into the kitchen.
He wants to cook and bake - I'm just looking, he don't want any help - he knows what he wants to make! And he put ingredients together, and I'm standing in the back - praying it will turn out ok... 

He made this pizza all by himself!
Do you know, He just turned 7 years.





So, here's what I've made since last time.






2 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Thank you Melanie.
      The stories about the sprinkler, really touched me. I tried to find it again, but I coun't. Where did you post it? Take care.

      Slet