mandag den 6. november 2023

Santas wish list

 The letter for day 6, of Beccy's Month of Holiday cards challenge, is "E"

Submitted to https://beccyschallenges.blog entry # 190

Submitted to https://kraftychickschallenge entry # 41

Santa Edwin, 2010
Edwin is floating on acetate


My first thought was to make a card with the flower Edelweiss, but I  don't have a stamp with this little pretty/ugly flower.
On my desk was a stamp from Magnolia! Edwin as Santa - I had to make a card with him. Edwin looks a little worried - maybe he's thinking about whether he'll be able to buy all the Christmas presents on the list in time.

The day Lars and I had been engaged for 2 weeks, he gave me a piece of jewelry that had belonged to his late mother: an edelweiss!

The brooch/necklace that had belonged to Lars' mother.

At the time, Lars did not know that Edelwies was a flower that I have always felt drawn to. My grandmother had a collection of dried flowers - among which there were also some edelwies. As a child I sang in a school choir. The year Sound of Music was published, of course the choir sang Edelwies at the year's Christmas concert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Bogstavet for dag 6, i Beccys måned af Højtids -kortudfordring, er "E"

Min første tanke var at lave et kort med blomsten Edelweiss, men jeg har ikke et stempel med denne lille smukke/grimme blomst.

På mit skrivebord lå et stempel fra Magnolia! Edwin som julemand – jeg besluttede lave et kort med ham. Edwin ser lidt bekymret ud – måske tænker han på, om han når at få købt alle julegaverne på listen i tide.

Den dag Lars og jeg havde været forlovet i 2 uger, gav han mig et smykke som havde tilhørt hans afdøde mor: en edelweis!

Den gang vidste Lars ikke, at Edelwies var en blomst som jeg altid har følt mig draget til. Min farmor havde en samling af tørredeblomster - hvor i blandt der også var nogle edelwies. Som lille sang jeg i et skolekor.  Det år Sound of Music udkom, sang koret selvfølgelig Edelwies til årets julekonceret.


1 kommentar:

  1. What a beautiful piece of jewellery Conny, and a wonderful memory too. I don't think Edelweiss grows in Australia, but I definitely know the song! We used to watch The Sounds of Music every time it came on TV... it's my Mum's favourite movie.
    Your card is lovely Conny, the image is adorable. It does look as though he's studying that long list very intently. I hope he gets to check everything off!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    SvarSlet