tirsdag den 21. november 2023

Skal Vi Mødes Hist Ved Floden




I first saw this Santa Claus digi stamp used by JudyVanZandt. My first thought was: Oh,I really would like to own that stamp - at the time, not knowing that Judy VanZandt are part of Beccy's design team.
Here's a link to the card she made JudyVanZandt: Santa Claus.
I was over the moon when I found out, it was Beccys design.


So much has happened in the last 4 weeks that it is far too much to write about/tell.

In few words, it can be told like this: We have survived!
Our son and daughter-in-law have had corona, Lars has been hospitalized 3 times, I have had surgery and had to go back, and have some new stitches, as a few of the original ones did not hold. We had to cancel a visit from the USA that we had been looking forward to, very much.

I feel like we've missed a lot this month - but it's also brought us closer together other in a wonderful way.

I haven't had the energy to participate in Beccy's month-long challenge of making a card every day.
It is one of the highlights of the year for me.
So many different cards are displayed on her blog in a month! It is uplifting and inspiring.

It has also been a month in which I had to fulfill a promise I made 10-15 years ago. Birgit Strøm wanted me to sing a solo at her funeral. The song I had promised to sing was, "Shall we meet over there by the river". Rest in Peace, Birgit. Glory be to your memory. 

















An old version of the song I sang


Der er sket så meget de sidste 4 uger, at det er alt for meget at skrive om/fortælle.

Med få ord, kan det siges således: Vi har overlevet!
Vores søn og svigerdatter har haft corona, Lars har været indlagt 3 gange, jeg er blevet opereret og inde en ekstra gang, for at få syet nogle nye sting, da nogle af de oprindelige ikke holdt. Vi er gået glip af et besøg fra USA som vi havde set rigtig meget frem til. 

Jeg føler vi er gået glip af meget denne måned - men det har på forunderlig vis også bragt os tættere på hinanden.

Jeg har ikke haft overskud til at deltage i Beccys månedlange udfordring, med at lave et kort hver dag. Det er et af årets højdepunkter for mig. Der vises så mange forskellige kort på hendes blog i løbet af en måned! Det er opløftende og inspirerende.

Det har også været en måned, hvor jeg måtte indfri et løfte som jeg gav for 10-15 år siden. Birgit Strøm ønskede at jeg skulle synge en solo til hendes begravelse. Den sang jeg havde lovet at synge, var "Skal vi mødes hist ved floden". Hvil i Fred, Birgit. Ære være dit minde.










1 kommentar:

  1. What a month you've had Conny! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, singing at her funeral is a beautiful tribute to her, may she rest in peace.
    I hope you and Lars are both comfortable and resting after your hospital stays. Having to have your stitches replaced doesn't sound too good, I hope you're feeling much better now.
    Your Christmas cards are all wonderful! It's good to see that you're finding a little time to be creative, it's so important to spend some time doing the things you love.
    Take care.
    Beccy xxx

    SvarSlet