torsdag den 20. juni 2019

Thinking back...

Again today it has been incredibly hot. It is not funny at all. 
When a little cloud passes over in the sky, you just want to be able to stand in its shadow - if only for a short a moment!

Lately, I've been thinking about my late sister. My sister died in 1983. 
My sister, Ingelise, died unexpectedly of brain cancer. 
My father forbade us to talk about her for 8 years. That was his way of working through the grief that arose when she so unexpectedly died. 

And yet ... my sister was born with a heart defect, and other issuses related to the heart. 
Here in Denmark, we call children born with a heart defect "Heart-children".

In 1972, only 11 years old, she had a major heart surgery. No one at that time thought that she would live long enough to grow up. She almost did, she died when she was 22 years old.

Thinking of the cloud in the sky, where we want to linger if only for a moment, so it is with my late sister. it might be nice to stand in the shade with her. I could just imagine us talking together - albeit for a brief moment.


 

#1 Design Paper fra Stampin Up, Centiment says Merry Christmas (in Danish)
#2 Design Paper fra Stampin Up; Also from Stampin Up The stamp set "Embellished Ornaments" (centiment); Stampin Up punch: Daisy
#3 Card topper, By Lene Design, Centiment by Annette Buur-Andersen


The stencil I've used, are from Stampin Up



These 5 cards are made with stamps from "Magnolia"

This card is a mix of stamps from Magnolia (tree and bench) and the boy are from Bildmalarna

Stampin Up "High Tide"

Stampin Up "Beautiful you

Stampin Up "Dandelion Wishes"

Stampin Up "Beauty Abounds"








Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar