fredag den 7. maj 2021

Just saying Hi!

 Hi All

I am so trying to get back to post at least once a week - but as you can tell, I'm far from doing that.

Lars is getting better day by day. Of cause, there are the underlying problems, but we try to focus "on the bright side of life". We have learned that by having a focus on the things that really matter, we can do so much more. 

One thing that has happened since my last update, is that a craft store in Haverslev, called GAVLHUSET, has agreed to let customers drop off their homemade cards for "Operation Skriv Hjem" (or Operation Write Home) at their store. I will then collect them, and send them to Charlie in Roskilde, who the power woman behind OSH in Denmark. I admire Charlie for her commitment, having started this in Denmark many years ago, and the many hours she has put into this/her organization.
My plan is to have a drawing, among those how have donated homemade cards, each quarter - or so, for the amount of 100 dkr. The money is to be used at Gavlhuset.  The first drawing has just been. There were donated over 1200 cards! And Gavlhuset said they would give the money this first time. I did not see that coming! I'm very humbled by their support.

So, until next time: Be safe!

My entry to the challenge of the month of May at https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/
The image is an old Digi stamp: Old Boots





1 kommentar:

  1. Your card is fantastic Conny, I'm sure it will be very appreciated by the people serving in the armed forces. The boots were a great choice for the image and I love the textured background too. It's wonderful that people are able to share their love of crafts for worthy causes. OSH (and it's variants) is a program that is in many countries around the world, and it's a wonderful way to support the troops.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    SvarSlet